warning: explicit language
I’m available to go to a recording studio here in Los Angeles (either at a publishing house or independent studio) at your or your publisher’s expense, including editing.
My current rate for this service is $300 per hour per Studio/Recorded hour.
If you’re a “self publish” type author, I also work through ACX, the industry standard for audiobooks. ACX is owned by Amazon, so it’s got a built in infrastructure for everything we could need as an author/voiceover team.
I have all of the requirements in my pro studio to go through ACX, which means I’ll also be editing your book. If this service is selected, my current PFH rate is $450 PFH (Per Finished Hour, meaning recording and editing).
Either way, the submitted audiobook will:
- Align with ACX/industry standards
- Be consistent in overall sound and formatting
- Include opening and closing credits and a retail audio sample that is between one and five minutes long, if so desired by the author
Each uploaded audio file will:
- Contain only one chapter/section
- Have room tone at the head and at the tail
- Measure between -23dB and -18dB RMS and have -3dB peak values and a maximum -60dB noise floor
- Be a 192kbps or higher MP3, Constant Bit Rate (CBR) at 44.1 kHz
Yeah, all of that is pretty techy, but ya need to know how you’ll get your baby, er… book… back.
I am available for future voice work for audiobook clients at current rates for 3 books (inclusive of the first) or one year, whichever comes first, even if the rates increase.